Sai Life Sciences wins GSK’s Environmental Sustainability Supplier award 2021 in the ‘Primary Manufacturing’ category
Every year, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) organises the Environmental Supplier awards to recognise its suppliers’ contribution to environmental sustainability. Now in its 8th year, the platform has grown to become a prestigious forum for recognising superior environmental sustainability practices across the company’s global value chain, with growing participation from several of its direct and indirect suppliers.
At its first ever participation in the awards, Sai Life Sciences won the Environmental Supplier award 2021 in the ‘Primary Manufacturing’ category. It won the award for effectively embedding green chemistry principles in its approach to process development, which will impact multiple projects towards greener manufacturing.
Maureen Kocisko, a GSK representative said, “Our judges were highly impressed with the good practice and commitment to sustainability from the Sai team. Working with our suppliers to improve their own environmental footprint is a key contributor to our 2030 goal to be carbon net zero and nature net positive.”
This recognition marks another important milestone in Sai Life Sciences’ journey of transforming its EHS practices in-line with the best-in-class global practices. The Company has made significant investments and progress in advancing its Sustainability agenda as part of its organizational transformation initiative, Sai Nxt.
Some of the notable highlights:
- Became the first India-headquartered company to join the PSCI membership
- Joined ACS Green Chemistry Institute Pharmaceutical Roundtable (ACS-GCIPR) as an ‘Associate Member’.
- Released its first Sustainability Report in 2020 in line with the GRI framework
- Received the ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 certifications for its R&D and manufacturing sites.
- Won the prestigious 21st National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2020 by CII - Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre
- Received 5-Star rating for Excellence in EHS Practices at the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) South awards 2019 and 2020
- Became a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
More information about the Sai Life Sciences Case Study can be found here.