DMPK: In vivo PK
Pharmacokinetic (PK) speed and flexibility to accelerate your decision making
Our rapid response and flexibility to customize studies makes Sai Life Sciences the preferred partner for in vivo models mimicking drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics.
- Bioavailability and pharmacokinetics studies
- Neuro PK (plasma, brain and CSF) in mice and rats
- Ocular PK (Ocular tissues like aqueous humor, vitreous humor, sclera, conjunctiva, lens, cornea, iris, optic nerve and choroid retina)
- Single, multiple and cassette dosing of compound(s)
- Entero-hepatic recirculation in Bile-Duct-Cannulated rats
- Metabolite characterization and identification
- Dose escalation (dose linearity and range finding)
- Tissue distribution (brain, heart, liver, lung, kidney, etc.)
- Site specific absorption studies via intra-duodenal, intra-portal, etc.
- Delivery through constant infusion i.e. Alzet® osmotic pumps
- Oral solid-state PK characterization using rodent Capsules (Tropac®)
- Toxicokinetics analysis and data interpretation
Our DMPK professionals operate a state-of-the-art AAALAC accredited, CPCSEA approved and OLAW certified vivarium. Sai Life Sciences DMPK solutions are used in studies across numerous therapeutic areas. We perform in vivo animal pharmacokinetic (PK), tissue distribution and excretion studies in a variety of rodents, and collaborate with an established partner to perform pharmacokinetic studies in beagles.
Our PK studies involve the collection of samples from animals at pre-determined time points following a dose of a test compound using various routes of administration viz. oral, intravenous (bolus and infusion), intraperitoneal, sub-cutaneous, intra-muscular, intra-nasal, intra-thecal, intra-rectal, intra-ocular, etc.
We perform oral bioavailability studies to enable selection of an appropriate preclinical formulation for a program within 5 days from the receipt of compound.
Instrument / Equipment
- Waters® UPLC-MS\MS-API 4000 (AB Sciex)-Triple
- Quadra Mass Spectrometer
- Waters® UPLC-MS\MS-API 4000 Q-TRAP (AB Sciex)-Mass Spectrometer
- HPLC (LC20A System) with UV detector (Shimadzu)
- Waters® UPLC
- Deep Freezers (-80°C)
- Polytron Homogenizer PT MR3100D
- QIAGEN TissueLyser