New Process Engineering block is now complete at our unit 2 site
A very critical process engineering facility has been added to our unit 2 site allowing us to give improved scale up solutions to our clients. Affordable, reproducible and transferable scale up solutions is the goal of any organisation seeking to validate and launch new drug manufacture efficiently.
The new site allows us to generate important engineering data such as reaction kinetics, heat balances and utility requirements, mixing performance and impurity profiles.
Downstream processes like extraction, settling, filtration and drying can also be studied in detail and vital data pertaining to process scale-up can be generated.
The facility has a mix of equipment at different scales which can also work under GMP conditions; Reactors in stainless steel, hastelloy and glass lined, a Robo filter, Centrifuge & Nutch filter.
- Short Path Distillation Unit
- Agitated Thin Film Evaporator
- Air jet Mill (Micronizer)
- Vapor liquid equilibrium data generating apparatus
- On line pH meter
- Refractive index measurement
- Parallel reactor set up with turbidity probe for studing solubility, crystallization and for quick screening of reagents/solvents/process conditions/etc.
Single fluid utility for reactors and heat exchangers with automation on both the process and utility sides. SCADA interface to set desired temperature profiles and monitor the reaction performance.
New additions planned during the course of 2018 are:
- Flow reactor set up with fume hood and dedicated utilities
- Rotating disc contactor for continuous liquid-liquid extraction
- Photo-chemical reactor assembly
- Agitated nutch filter dryer
This will complete a comprehensive process technology toolbox ready for NCE process development.
CPhI Japan 2017
We had some great meetings at CPhI Japan. Clients are very much reassured by our capabilities and the fact that we have PMDA accreditation at Bidar for manufacturing.
We left the halls very optimistic about the prospects of increasing our business footprint in this very important market.
We hope to see you all there again next year.