Sustainability is an integral part of our business and decision-making framework. We are committed to conduct business in a way that it creates positive impact on all our stakeholders and the environment at large.
- Download Sustainability Report
By 2022, we commit to:
- Reduce specific water consumption by 10%
- Reduce specific greenhouse gas emission by 10% and replace 10% of our overall energy requirement with renewable sources
- Reduce specific hazardous waste generation by 10% and recycle 70% of hazardous waste through co-processing and alternate reuse
- Create more opportunities for women and increase the percentage of women employees in total workforce to 12%
- Provide education and create livelihood for 1500 people from financially and socially less privileged communities through our CSR programmes
- Provide free medical screening to 10,000 people through our healthcare programmes
- Perform competency profiling and risk assessment for all critical raw material suppliers
Health, Safety & Environment
We consider Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) as a fundamental component of long-term business strategy and as a driver for sustainable growth. Our mission is to be among the best in the pharmaceutical industry driven by our belief that “all incidents are preventable” and “good HSE means good business.” Our HSE policy clearly outlines the organization’s aspirations in these areas and provides our associates the guidance to drive best-in-class standards. Read our HSE policy
Highest standards of safety and industrial hygiene
We strive to ensure that our facilities are safe by design. We follow a hierarchy of Occupational Health and Safety controls from elimination through substitution, engineering and administrative controls, with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) only necessary as a last resort. Hazards are eliminated through a systematic and proactive mechanism of hazard identification and risk assessment.
Capabilities in Occupational Health and Safety:
- Dedicated Process Safety team of chemical engineers and scientists.
- In-house process safety laboratory for screening thermal and powder safety aspects.
- State-of-the art containment system which can contain chemicals up to a level of 1 µg/m3.
- Industrial Hygiene monitoring capability to monitor noise, heat stress and personal exposure monitoring of gases as well as solids.
- Full-fledged and advanced Effluent Treatment Facilities.
- Zero Liquid Discharge plant at Bidar facility.
- Vapour detection systems and oxygen detection systems in closed areas for early detection of loss of containment.
- Sophisticated fire protection system consisting fire hydrants, sprinkler system, foam suppression system, modular extinguishers, dedicated electrical panel fire suppression system etc.
- Automated recipe control through 21 CFR compliant PLC modules with complete range of data acquisition.
- Segregated Hydrogenation block at Bidar facility with necessary safety interlocks.
Best in class environment standards and practices
We are committed to protecting the environment and actively seek to identify means of minimizing water use, energy use, greenhouse gas emissions & waste generation. Our best in class environment standards and practices helps in reducing any negative impact on environment and society.
We adopt the Green Chemistry principles right from the process development through selection of best synthetic route. Raw materials are carefully vetted to minimize potential hazards and impact on environment.
Consent for Establishment Unit-4 (Valid upto 2027)
Consent for Operation Unit-4 (Valid upto 2022)
EC Compliance Status Aug 2020 – Unit 4
Environment Clearance Aug 2020 – Unit 4
Unit IV EC Compliance Report
EC Copy for plot No: 136A&B and 137
Unit III BMW Form
Unit IV BMW Returns
Unit V BMW Annual Report Jan19-Dec19
Unit IV BMW Year 2020
Improving the communities around us
Being socially responsible is essential to the long-term sustainability of our business. We are committed to improve the lives of the communities in which we operate and do so by supporting social initiatives in the areas of Education, Livelihood Development and Health, either in partnership with not-for-profit organizations or independently as company initiatives.
Our goal is to make a meaningful difference to all individuals whose lives we touch through the projects that we take up.
Livelihood centre for women
- The objective is to support women from the local community through skill-building and broadening awareness and set women on a path of income generation and financial independence.
Saida – part of our Bidar community initiative
My dream is to learn English and work at a bank or company where work is more satisfying. If I learn English it leads to a better life for my child and my parents. It has given me more self-confidence – I used to have a lot of stage fright before.
Health education in school children
- The objective is to increase awareness and knowledge on health, nutrition, hygiene, sanitation, physical exercise and lay the foundation to good health.
- The program also addresses important social issues such as gender sensitivity, right age for marriage, education for girls, and personal body safety.
Primary eye health centre for screening and diagnosis
- We support two walk-in eye care centres that serves the primary eye health needs of the community, offering basic screening and diagnosis, at no cost to patients.
- The main objective of the centre is to recognize common blinding conditions, dispense spectacles and where further medical or surgical intervention is needed, refer patients to higher level of care.
Mobile health camps
- We run free monthly mobile health camps in the villages surrounding our R&D centre.
- The facility provides physician consultation, basic diagnostic tests and medicines for common ailments at no cost to patients. Patients are referred to specialist care when needed.
Every individual intrinsically has the need to reach-out and be able to make a difference. We consider it our moral obligation to support this drive and provide employees with opportunities to make an impact. We actively encourage our employees to participate in our volunteering activities, contribute to fundraising drives for specific causes, and support their proactive efforts to make an impact on the community.
Response to COVID-19
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19, Sai Life Sciences has been taking several proactive measures to protect its employees and their families, and to minimize the impact on its partners, customers and the community. Over the last few weeks, since the start of the second wave of the pandemic in India, we have raised the intensity of the efforts.