Responding to the COVID-19 pandemic
Since the outbreak of the COVID-19, Sai Life Sciences has been taking several proactive measures to protect its employees and their families, and to minimize the impact on its partners, customers and the community.
- Work from home / shift-based work schedules at all locations to achieve twin objective of social distancing and work productivity
- Intensive sanitization and hygiene measures at all locations
- Initiatives to help the community & the Government in fighting the pandemic
Imbibing the ‘new normal’ at work
We are committed to balancing the demands of our role in helping make life-saving medicines while ensuring utmost safety of our employees. As we embrace the ‘new normal’ of working under constrained circumstances, we have been taking several measures for employee safety including ingenious shift planning, detailed social distancing norms in all areas from ‘home to home’, intense hygiene and sanitization drills, resource planning and ensuring necessary government permissions for staff mobility, among many others. These measures will continue to be in operation for the foreseeable future and get strengthened, as required.
Ensuring employee safety
To ensure the safety of our employees and their families, we have taken extensive measures in line with guidelines issued by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the respective state governments.
- Continuously emphasizing good hygiene practices
- Continuous sanitization of various touchpoints including company transport vehicles
- Deep cleaning of workplaces at regular intervals
- Temperature checks for all employees and contractual workers
- Provided sanitizer dispensers at key locations across all sites / offices
- Provided hand sanitizers and face masks to employees & contract workers for home use
- Made nose masks mandatory: providing disposable 3-ply surgical nose mask to employees & contractors every day.
- Ensure safer commute to and from work
- Introduced 24X7 helpline
Krishna Kanumuri, CEO & MD, Sai Life Sciences
We have been able to ramp up our operations in a sure-footed manner, ensuring utmost safety of our employees. This has been possible thanks to an incredible team of Saimers living our core values with such commitment and grace, helping us deliver on our commitments to customers. These are humbling times indeed!
Ensuring better social distancing at the workplace
- Introduced measures to reduce manpower on-site
- Work-From-Home for corporate office employees
- Role-based WFH options increased across the sites
- Created additional dining spaces for employees and contractors.
- Canteens occupancy is < 30% at any time through staggered slots
- Doubled the number of buses used for employee transportation to maintain vehicle occupancy at <50%
- Provided space markers in various areas including entry gates, cafeteria, tea / coffee points, etc.
- Limiting visitor access to our sites
Making sanitizers available to meet rising demand
Sai Life Sciences commenced the production of alcohol-based sanitizer and surface cleaners as per WHO guidelines, and is making them available free of cost to the various organizations leading the sanitization efforts. The Sai Life Sciences team has distributed over 10000 kg of hand sanitizers to various public organizations including –
- Cyberabad Police Commissionerate, Hyderabad
- Bidar Air Force Station
- Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences
- District Health Department, Bidar
- Bidar District Police
- Bidar District Administration
- Bidar Municipal office
- Hinjewadi Police Station, Pune
- Tahsil office Mulshi, Pune
Additionally, we have donated nose masks and hand gloves to several health centres.
Helping the community fight the pandemic
Signalling our resolve to support the Government and the community during this time of crisis, Sai Life Sciences made a contribution US$ 200,000 to the CM Relief Funds of the state of Telangana and Karnataka.
- INR 1 Cr (~US$ 130,000) to Telangana State
- INR 50 Lakhs (~US$ 70,000) to Karnataka State