Synthetic & medicinal chemistry
Specializing in the synthesis of complex chemical entities to advance your drug discovery programs
Since 2004, our team of synthetic and medicinal chemists have consistently delivered high quality and value-added chemistry services to support the diverse synthetic and drug discovery needs of innovator biotechs and large pharma companies around the world.
Why is Sai a preferred partner for synthetic and medicinal chemistry services?
- Experienced team: 325+ synthetic and medicinal chemists
- Successful track-record: 15 programs advanced to Investigational New Drug Application (IND) filing & beyond
- Diverse clients: 90+ across start-ups, medium & large pharma
- Proven problem-solving: delivered > 95% of all molecules requested
- Synthetic experience across broad range of chemotypes including complex natural products
- Assurance of delivery, flexibility and transparency
- Robust Intellectual Property (IP) protection
- Streamlined coordination with computational chemistry, DMPK, Tox and Biology teams
Sai Life Sciences is a preferred partner for synthetic and medicinal chemistry services having served 90+ large pharma, biotechs and emerging pharma companies in the past 10+ years. Our 325 synthetic and medicinal chemists have a successful track record of delivering 15 sponsor programs from initial discovery to IND in the past 5 years and delivering an impressive 95%+ of all molecules requested. Our synthetic chemistry spans a broad range of chemotypes, and includes complex natural products. We invite you to connect with us to discuss how our remarkable delivery track record, combined with our flexibility and transparency lead to well informed and timely decisions. We build robust Integrated Platform (IP) packages when combined with our computational chemistry, DMPK, Tox and Biology services.
Our key services are:
- Design and synthesis of analogues to support lead generation and optimization
- Design and synthesis of focused libraries
- Preparation of building blocks/ key intermediates
- Synthesis of reference compounds, metabolites and impurity markers
- Computer-aided drug design (CADD)
We ensure that each of our Project Leaders have extensive discovery chemistry experience in a US/ EU biopharma company and/or a successful track record of delivering compounds in a CRO context.
Library Design and Synthesis
Sai Life Sciences library synthesis teams deliver targeted arrays of drug-like compounds. This team is well-versed in deploying various state-of the-art instruments and techniques, routinely delivering focused chemical libraries ranging in size from 50 to 200 compounds with synthetic and structural complexity. Computational chemistry team members work alongside medicinal chemists during the library design and enumeration process.
Medicinal chemistry analytical capabilities
Our strengths include method development for the isolation and structure elucidation of chiral and achiral compounds and their complete characterization; equipped with a range of column chemistries such as C18, HILIC & DIOL. Programs are supported internally by Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC), mass directed prep HPLC and two 400MHz NMR instruments with auto sampler.
We’ve implemented protocols for early detection of purity and integrity issues of compounds, and have regular calibration and service contracts to minimize the potential of equipment down-time.
Experience across wide range of chemistries
- Asymmetric synthesis
- Biotinylated/BODIPY/Fluorescein labelled compounds
- Carbohydrates & Azasugars
- Chiral pool synthesis
- Drug conjugates for ADCs
- Isotope labelled (13C & 2D) synthesis
- Lipids & PEG-chemistry
- Natural products, Nucleosides & Nucleotides
- PROTACs Chemical probes
Derek Small, Co-Founder and Chairman, Gate Neurosciences
Derek Small, Co-Founder and Chairman of Gate Neurosciences, is a venture capitalist and CEO of multiple biotech companies. On the occasion of inauguration of our R&T Center in Hyderabad in August last year, Derek shared his experience of partnering with Sai Life Sciences for over 15 years.